Sophia Bush Featured in ELLE September 2013



Posted Tuesday August 20, 2013 8:20 AM GMT

She recently hosted the VH1 Do Something Awards on July 31, and now Sophia Bush is dishing on her community service efforts.
During a recent Q&A session with ELLE magazine, the former "One Tree Hill" star dished about becoming a spokesperson for Give With Target and her reaction to meeting the first lady of the United States, Michelle Obama.


Check out a few highlights from Miss Bush's interview below. For more, be sure to visit ELLE!

On teaming up with Target:
       "I was joking a couple of months ago saying, 'If I had millions of dollars, I would just be working on education in America.' Then, a group of us were having dinner for Lauren Bush Lauren's FEED launch with Target, and I was talking about education. One of the creatives from the office was like, 'Do you know what we do in September? We give away millions of dollars.' It was sort of a perfect thing. Target commits five percent of its profits to charity every year."

On her other career aspirations:
       "I mean, who doesn't secretly want to be a musician and make music like Johnnyswim or The Lumineers and just play the guitar acoustically all day? But if I wasn't an actor, I'd probably be working in journalism. [I would write about] Current events: issue-based, expository things happening in the world. Some are hard, some are uplifting, some are really inspiring. I love that whole space. I just spoke at a conference for 1,500 young people about what it means to be a global citizen—to hold a passport that gives you entry into every country in the world. That's a luxury we have now. If it were my job to run around and explore that, I would be pretty excited."

On meeting Michelle:
       "I just froze. I died. I've met [the President] once before, and I've worked with them on a few things, but I hadn't met Michelle. [When I was introduced to] the First Lady, she said, 'Well, look at you with your bangs! You know I'm just trying to be you!' And pointed to my bangs and back at her face. And then I died. And I realized I was just staring at her. I think I actually audibly said, 'I love you.' And then I realized I was being awkward, and I turned around and walked away. Some Secret Service person was going to be like, 'You're having a seizure, you have to go.' It was a pretty great compliment."

On politics:
       "I would like to work on policy, but I find politics to be incredibly frustrating and slow-moving, and all of that bureaucracy and red tape just makes me crazy. I would be the first one to show up and just start yelling, 'This is ridiculous!' I don't know if that would be the thing [to do]. I'd sort of prefer to affect it, outside in. We'll see—who knows. Ask me in ten years!"

Find your favorite fashion jewelry accessories by ELLE Time & Jewelry from a striking pair of statement earrings to a casual everyday pendant at InStyle Silver Jewelry. Bringing the trendiest styles in silver fashion jewelry so every women looks runway ready.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ELLE Spring Fashion now avaiable.

Valentine's Day is Almost Here!

EMOZIONI by Hot Diamonds